Villa Il Fico is a beautiful luxury holiday villa with pool in the outskirts of Florence. It can accommodate up to 6 guests in 3 bedroom (en suite). Perfect for families or a group of friends wishing to discover the best that Tuscany has to offer.
Villa Il Fico dates back to the 13th century and was built as a Guard Tower (no surprises, given its location!). It has been sympathetically renovated to provide all comforts while preserving the unique heritage and character of the property.
The villa is arranged over two floors: on ground floor there are two large bright dining rooms (one with antique fireplace, the other one with direct access to the garden), a double salon with a further fireplace and floor to ceiling glass doors leading to a large terrace/solarium with breathtaking sunset views. There are also a fully equipped kitchen with wood burning stove and access to a large patio area (perfect for breakfasts) and s service bathroom. On first floor there are 3 individually styled large double bedrooms with comfy king size beds, all ensuite and air conditioned. One of the bathrooms has a walk in showers, the other have bathtub with shower over and a Jacuzzi tub! There is then a lovely retreat/reading room. Every rooms enjoys stunning views over the Tuscan countryside and each has been carefully furnished with original Biedermier pieces, large mirrors and handmade linen curtains.
Villa Il Fico sits in panoramic hilltop location with break taking views over the Tuscan hills. Its private 8 hectares of grounds includes landscaped gardens, terraces with shady patios, olive tree orchards, flowers and lemon trees. There is a stylish private salt water swimming pool (8 x 14 meters, open May to September) and comfy daybeds, loungers, parasols and gazebos. The whole Estate has secure access via two automated iron gates, and there is on-site parking for several vehicles.
Villa Il Fico was born as a typically Tuscan farm house and it has been restored to all its glory, to provide all modern comforts.
You will find large private garden with 8 x 14 meters exclusive salt water swimming pool, and large daybeds and parasols around the pool area, BBQ, washing machine and tumble dryer, dishwasher, large American style fridge freezer with ice maker, all kind of coffee makers, central heating, two wi-fi, DVD player and iPod dock, sat TV, hairdryers, air conditioning. All our linen is privately owned and laundered in-house.
The villa has also antique fireplaces and a wood burning stove in the kitchen and on-site car park for several vehicles.
We are happy to help you arranging tours, private driver, maid services
Other things to note
Villa Il Fico can comfortably accommodate up to 6 adults (plus 1 child up to 6 years) in 3 double bedrooms, all en-suite and air conditioned.
Swimming pool is not fenced or guarded and is open from mid May to end of September.
A damage deposit will be required at time of arrival, we will release a receipt and it will be fully refunded before departure when the property is handed back in good order.
Rental fee includes:
1. luxury bed linen and bath and pool towels (changed weekly for bookings of 14 nights or more).
2. two hrs maid service for cleaning mid stay (for bookings of 7 nights or more).
3. gardener and pool attendant.
4. high quality courtesy sets and toiletries and a welcome pack of fresh fruits and flowers and a bottle of good local wine.
5. child bed and high chair (on request)
7. electricity and air conditioning up to 300 kWh/week (usually adequate).
EXCLUDED from rental fee:
1. final cleaning fee €300
2. heating, if needed, is €400/week to be paid locally and we can also provide fire wood for fireplaces (not needed in Summer!)
3. electricity consumption exceeding 300 kWh/week, if any, will be charged on consumption at €0,35/kWh
3. extra services like house keeping and maid services, fridge pre-stocking service, laundry and ironing services, private driver, private cooking etc can all be arranged at extra cost.